While we’re waiting for the first flavors of Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0), the Gingerbread varieties for Commtiva Z71 devices seem to be on the increase. And, they are good too! I’m not missing the Phantom series, anymore.
- Nice boot animation, and quick boot (a CM7.1 characteristic)
- Nice range of CPU overclocking options
- Default governor: ONDEMAND and default clock frequency: 604 MHz – you’ll like it!
- Default home launcher is Gingerbread – as lovely as the one in MYGingerB
- Good WiFi – well, could be better
- Default Ubuntu-based kernel – you’ll love the battery stats
- Automatic screen brightness is much better – can see the difference if you select the window interval to 10 seconds
- Quadscore, @672 MHz ONDEMAND – 1111
- Quadscore, @672 MHz ONDEMAND + SD Booster – 1203
- Flash Player 10.2!
- Slick lock screen buttons – not a big fan of the transparent ones
- Gapps not included by default
- Others – two download files available. Google translate doesn’t help here much with the Portuguese translation.
So, to avoid any confusion, I’m just listing the download link to the file that I flashed on my Motorola XT502.
Please share if you liked this post…