When I tried CM7 on my Motorola XT502, I was frustrated with the amount of instability in the ROM (it was released as a stable ROM!). I then stumbled upon a CM7 ROM which promised a fix to the battery drain, and also with the stable 188.8.131.52 – SuperAosp kernel.
Installed, tested and here is the review…
- This is a .nb0 package – no need to downgrade to official 2.1 ROM and then upgrade to 2.3! Flash it (using SUT LR), use it.
- Quite stable, when compared to the actual CM7
- Excellent battery life – as good as the Phantom and Firetrap family of ROMs
- No annoying ‘SD card unexpectedly removed’ error message – super!
- Functional automatic brightness – but has got a lot of room for improvement; still should be faster and brighter!
- No duplicate entries!
- Update: Quadrant score 837
No issues? Well, there are two
- In case of multiple downloads or simultaneous internet browsing + market apps download, the OS slows down to a stand still. No need to restart, but frustratingly slow until one of the aforementioned operations is complete. I guess this will be fixed in the forthcoming versions from CML.
- USB tethering not working
If you really want to enjoy the power of Gingerbread (Android 2.3) on your Motorola XT502 (XT3/XT5) or Commtiva Z71 devices, you must try this version of CM7 than the original.
Thanks to Boston Mania for releasing this ROM!
Please share if you find this useful…