Guest post by Sara Parker
Demand for Android is increasing at an incredible rate in the recent time. Android being the most popular mobile operating system, more and more people are opting for android smartphone all over the world. With advancement of time we are switching over to smartphones which come with its part of advantages and disadvantages, the most prominent of such disadvantages is low battery life. With Android phone it is quite common that you will be facing with the problem of low battery life.
In fact as an Android user when you charge your device fully in the morning and to your utter surprise find out that hardly 20%-15% of the battery is there it becomes a matter of annoyance indeed. Sometimes, when you need it most you may see that it is of no use due to low battery. In such a situation it is quite obvious that you are in search of some effective ways that will help you to increase the battery life of your Android phone.
And that is why a few tips are here for you that can be beneficial in increasing the battery life of your Android device:
- For better performance reduce the brightness of screen: Since it is screen brightness which consumes quite a lot of battery life, leading to low battery life of your Android phone it is better to set “Automatic Brightness” to lower level of brightness so that less battery life is consumed
- Use power saving mode: In terms of enhancing battery life using power saving mode is always a recommended option. For using this mode you only need to go to settings, then display option, choose power saving mode and check it
- Reduce screen timeout time: A good way of saving battery life is reducing timeout time of screen. While it is set to 15 seconds, to save battery power you can reduce it to 5 seconds. To do this go to settings, choose display and choose screen timeout
- Avoid Live Wallpapers: Live wallpaper may be one of the lucrative features of Android phones but keep it in mind that its high graphics consumes high battery power. Instead of live wallpaper you can use normal wallpaper and save a lot of battery
- Go for full charging of battery at suitable temperature: To keep the efficiency of the battery high, charge the battery fully at least once a month and do it without any pause. Choose proper temperature for charging which is 0-45 degree. Protect you mobile from too high or too low temperature and direct sun as well
- Regarding connectivity: Android offers several connectivity options including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Data Network, GPRS and GPS and this is the reason why battery life gets exhausted. Therefore, it is wise to toggle off such options when you are not using them. At the same time in Data Network selecting 2G instead of 3G is better and keep it switched off when it is not needed. Though Wi-Fi is convenient it requires more power than 3G network. By enabling it only when you need it you can save a lot of power
- Disable background Apps: Since Apps in background consume a lot of battery be sure of switching off all applications in the background
- Stop Auto System Update: Most of the Android devices come with Auto Update. Since Auto Update requires a lot of power it is advisable to disable the update or increase the time interval of update to save battery power
- Avoid or make less use of Facebook and Twitter: Stop surfing Facebook or Twitter on Android phone as it saves a lot of power. If you cannot stop it totally, do it as less as you can
- Keep the phone free: Take off the cover of your cell phone when you put your Android phone on charge. With cover more heat will be generated which is harmful for the device
Following these tips you can surely find a remarkable increase in the battery life of your device.
Author: Sara Parker is a mobile phone enthusiast and an expert in internet. She has an in depth knowledge about the latest features and updates in this field. She provides informative articles and blogs to her readers about Android phones and also unlimited broadband services.