Installing custom ROMs on your Android phone with Clockwork Recovery is easy – you can accomplish this in a matter of 6 minutes if you follow the procedure right. How about if you get a custom ROM with .nb0 file extension? It took me quite some time to figure this out. But, it’s simpler than the Clockwork Recovery process!
Here’s how you do it:
- Download the desired ROM with .nb0 extension and unzip it to your hard disk (not on your phone’s SD card) – I’ve compiled a list of working ROMs for Motorola XT502 (Commtiva Z71 variants), and some of them are .nb0 files
- Download this application, SUTLR v1.7.0, unzip and install on your computer (this uploading.com sucks; please try to download this from some other server you might find)
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB
- Power off you phone and restart in DOWNLOAD MODE (for Commtiva Z71 variants – long press red button + volume up + power)
- Start the SUTLR application you installed in step 2
- Click next, locate your .nb0 file
- In the drop down below, select Erase user data and click next
- That’s it, the software will flash the .nb0 on to your phone
Your phone will reboot – as good as new!
Please share if you find this useful…
Thanks to Dex on Boston Mania!