The enormous amount of interest generated by this MYGingerB ROM pushed me to install and test this ROM on my Motorola XT502. Though this ROM is based on the latest CyanogenMod 7.1, I thought it’s best to do a full wipe and then install this to avoid the usual annoying problems like FCs and reboots.
The latest changelog says that the ROM now comes with SuperAOSP 8.6 AW as the default kernel. However, I flashed it with an Ubuntu-based kernel (EAv6) as I’m really pleased with its battery drain stats.
- Fluid performance – didn’t notice any lag
- Default Gingerbread launcher – fast and lovely!
- Better memory management – features RAM optimizer from juwe11
- Great battery life (with the Ubuntu kernel)
- Nice splash-screen animation – won’t hurt your eyes
- No illegal reboots
- Camera is slightly, but noticeably faster than stock CM7.1
- Quad score @600 MHz on-demand – 898
- Quad score @672 MHz on-demand – 1004
- Wi-Fi performance was not as expected – was expecting it to be better than the stock CyanogenMod version. May be it’s just my phone!
- Volume rocker wake is missing (I use it a lot) – because it’s primarily designed for Spice MI 300?
- Signal fluctuations when on 3G – over optimized for Malaysian networks?
So, it’s time to install this ROM on your phone…
Please share if you find this info useful…