About a month ago, I tested and reviewed the SuperAosp 8.0 RC2 for Motorola XT502 (Commtiva Z71 devices). I was pleasantly surprised by the stability and quality of the ROM, still in RC stages. It actually made a lot of users (like me) dejected with CM7 to switch to that version.
Just a day ago, I laid my hands on this brand new SuperAosp 8.6 AW ROM. Have been using it for the past 28 hours. It’s super cool!
- Absolutely no reboots or system freezes
- Excellent battery life - as good as the Phantom and Firetrap family of ROMs
- No annoying ‘SD card unexpectedly removed’ error message
- Fast and fluid user experience
- Functional automatic brightness – has improved a bit from the older RC version
- 100% working USB tethering – brilliant!
- Quadrant score, without SD booster: 868!
- Quadrant score, with SD booster: 928!
Note: Some have complained that when connected via USB, the device doesn’t show up as ‘removable disk’ on My Computer. Solution: Go to Settings–Applications–Development and uncheck USB debugging.
This is one of the best ROMs I have used so far on my Motorola XT502 (Xt3/XT5). I’ve clubbed it with Slide Screen and CPU tuner (must have if you have the screen-off music stutter issue), and I’m loving it!
So, what are you waiting for?
Let me know (via comments) if you have questions.
Please share if you like this post…