Today, I installed the CM7 EAv6 Gingerbread ROM. It’s been quite a while since I found a stable ROM after getting bored with the SuperAOSP 8.6 AW. This one is nice,… so far!
- Better kernel than the one that comes in CM7 nightlies
- Makes a positive difference when overclocked – tried values between 672 MHz and 768 MHz (tip: I use No-frills CPU to overclock. The post will tell you why)
- Noticeably faster and fluid
- I was using the cm_z71_full-216.zip nightly build and the Wi-Fi was really good. With EAv6, I don’t see much difference. However, if you’re coming from an older build (like 2.3.3 or 2.3.5) you will see a great difference in Wi-Fi connectivity/performance
- Answering calls a lot better than CM7 nightlies
- Battery life – 100 times better than CM7 nightly builds. Will update after 48 hours of usage
- None at the moment – will update in 24 hours if anything turns up bad
DOWNLOAD | more info…
Installation tip: If you’re already on one of the CM7 nightlies, all you need to do is apply the zip via ROM Manager/recovery menu. If you’re coming from Froyo, then install this ROM via SUTLR and then apply the zip.
Please share if you liked the post…