I’ve been drooling at Android-powered phones since January 2010, and it has taken me one full year to own one. Well, this is not a phone that I bought listening to some moronic marketing guy in a mobile shop; I decided, after going through many reviews, and comparing many other phones within the INR 13,000 limit. The end result was a fantastic little device at INR 12, 300.
A couple of key features (that you may not find in the tech specs) worth highlighting:
- The Quench XT3 and XT5 are the same after upgrading to Android 2.1
- Quench XT3 with Android 2.1 sports a 5 megapixel (2560 x 1920 px, see pic quality below) camera instead of the ill-advertised 3 megapixel
- Highly functional automatic screen brightness feature – also extends battery life to a great deal
- Track ball (pearl ball) – handy while browsing web pages or scrolling through a laundry list; scroll and select!
- Call answer/end physical keys – very useful if you’re tired of swiping across the screen to answer/ignore a call
- Very decent music quality
- Excellent build quality – no squeaks or noises, Nokia must take note here!
- Excellent voice quality
- Threaded SMS
- Nexus One like design!
Other features are typical of an entry level Android mobile phone. The battery life is pretty decent with a fair amount of Wi-Fi, calls, music, GPRS, etc – 2 full days until next recharge!
- Sloppy support forums
- No news of upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) – this device should support Froyo since the LG Optimus One is capable with almost similar hardware configurations
- Product known as different names (known as Quench XT502 in its original avatar) in different geographical regions – not sure how Motorola is gonna support all these products when it comes to updates
- No MotoBlur UI as advertised
- Rumors of the device having Gorilla Glass
Picture quality: Above average! (image resized to 540px, and JPG quality reduced to 79% for web optimization)
The only fair review that I came across for this device was from Mobile-review.
Let me know what you think if you own this phone.
Please share if you liked this post…